- Modern day Ayurveda is not real Ayurveda as written by Charaka
- Charaka is the original Ayurvedic physician and the author of traditional Ayurveda
- Charaka would have a steak with Shawn Baker (one of the main proponents of the carnivore diet)
- Chapter 9, verse 4 of Charaka Samhita says: "Health is known as happiness while disorder is unhappiness. "
- If you are unhappy, you are sick according to Charaka
- Charaka Samhita says the sicker you are, the more cooked meat you should be eating
- Ayurveda was not written by yogis looking for enlightenment
- The rishis who composed Ayurveda wanted to thrive
- The "bible" of modern day's yoga, the Patanjali Sutras is a lot newer than traditional Ayurveda
- For long term thriving, Charaka advocates maintaining a dynamic balance in everything we do
- The term that is repeatedly used by Charaka is "equilibrium"
- Equilibrium of our doshas, dhatus (tissues) and digestive fire
- As humans, we are not meant to sustain extremes for a long period of time
- As humans, we are meant to always adapt in order to maintain an equilibrium that allows "flow"
- If we are not careful, when we try to remove ourselves from one extreme situation, we create its opposite extreme situation
- The carnivore diet is an ayurvedic diet
- Veganism and vegetarianism are not ayurvedic diets
- Email us your feedback and any questions you may have at: email@example.com
- May we all be well, adapt and thrive! - Tim and Vie
This series is brought to you by Yoga Energy School. It can be found at http://YogaEnergy.com
Yoga Energy School is offering Private Online "Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy" Yoga Alliance registered 200-hr and 300-hr teacher trainings and continuing education courses. They can be found at http://YogaEnergy.com
Find us on Rumble at: https://rumble.com/c/yogaenergy
Find us on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/c/AskTimAndVie
Did you subscribe to the podcast?
Did you share this episode with all your friends?
Email us your feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org
May we all be well, adapt and thrive! - Tim and Vie
All information provided here is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this Podcast. Please consult your physician or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and well being or on any opinions expressed within this Podcast.
You assume all responsibilities and obligations with respect to any decisions, advice, conclusions or recommendations made or given as a result of the use of this Podcast.