- Real Ayurveda For Mental Health
- According to Charaka, "Mind, self and body-these three make a tripod on which the living world stands. All depend on this."
- Charaka's focus was on healing the body, mind and soul of the person in a minimally invasive manner
- Charaka emphasized the process of investigation (pariksha) as opposed to blindly accepting something as already proven (pramana)
- Charaka talked about animal fats as being the most nourishing
- Charaka Samhita talks about ghee, lard and tallow
- The Ketogenic Diet for Refractory Mental Illness: A Retrospective Analysis of 31 Inpatients
- Patients were in the mental health hospital; they received a ketogenic diet along with standard of care; the care didn’t change at all, except for the dietary intervention
- The diet basically was about 75 to 80% fat (olive oil, coconut oil, butter, mayonnaise, and sour cream); 15 to 20% protein (meat, seafood, poultry, dairy products, eggs, and nuts); 5% carbohydrates (vegetables, nuts, lemon juice, a small amount of dark chocolate)
- The overall results after 3 patients dropped out: 100% had symptoms improve; 96% lost weight; 63% were discharged on fewer medications; 43% achieved clinical remission
- Ayurveda says that everyone is different but some truths apply universally to every one
- Do your own investigation, take everything with a grain of salt and do not accept anything as gospel
- Email us your feedback and any questions you may have at: email@example.com
- May we all be well, adapt and thrive! - Tim and Vie
This series is brought to you by Yoga Energy School. It can be found at http://YogaEnergy.com
Yoga Energy School is offering Private Online "Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy" Yoga Alliance registered 200-hr and 300-hr teacher trainings and continuing education courses. They can be found at http://YogaEnergy.com
Find us on Rumble at: https://rumble.com/c/yogaenergy
Find us on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/c/AskTimAndVie
Did you subscribe to the podcast?
Did you share this episode with all your friends?
Email us your feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org
May we all be well, adapt and thrive! - Tim and Vie
All information provided here is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this Podcast. Please consult your physician or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and well being or on any opinions expressed within this Podcast.
You assume all responsibilities and obligations with respect to any decisions, advice, conclusions or recommendations made or given as a result of the use of this Podcast.