- Are you confused? Join the club!
- Yoga Energy’s Power Yin courses can be found here: Power Yin and Fascia Fundamentals Teacher Training and 50-hr Advance Power Yin Training Blended Format
- Yin yoga is Taoist yoga and possibly the original hatha yoga that the ancients used to practice
- Restorative yoga is fairly new, designed by contemporaries such as Iyengar
- Paulie Zink, a contortionist, was the main person to introduce Taoist yoga into the United States
- Paul Grilley was the next main influence on bringing Taoist yoga to the West
- Sarah Powers changed the name of Taoist yoga to Yin yoga
- What is the difference between a yin pose and yang pose?
- Yin yoga is not Iyengar based yoga which means yin yoga is not restorative yoga
- For those of you who remember anusara yoga, yin yoga is not alignment based yoga, so anusara teachers, quit yelling at us
- When you are practicing proper yin yoga you should be experiencing moderate to intense discomfort while in the pose
- When you are practicing proper restorative yoga, you should be extremely comfortable while in the pose
- The source of the moderate to intense discomfort during yin yoga is key
- Both a yin yoga practice and a restorative yoga practice have one thing in common and that is heating up the body in preparation for the specific practice
- We created hot yin for our hot yoga studio
- Out hot yin was created using the concepts of John Barnes, Gil Hedley, Paul Grilley and Gerald Pollack
- The water has four phases, not just three
- The key to phase transition of our fascia is pressure over time which generates heat
- You can help support our Podcast by giving as little as $1 per episode, our PayPal account is here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7FDYKCGSKL3NL&source=url
- May we all be well, adapt and thrive! - Tim and Vie
Brought to you by Paleo Ayurveda - Ayurveda Designed for Thriving
- Our YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/c/asktimandvie
- Paleo Ayurveda's Training Library can be found at: https://squareup.com/store/training-courses
- The Spartan Mind Strength Calendar: https://spartanmindstrength.com/events
For YA & AAPNA Registered Instructors
Earn non-contact CEUs here: https://squareup.com/store/training-courses
All information provided here is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this Podcast. Please consult your physician or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and well being or on any opinions expressed within this Podcast.
You assume all responsibilities and obligations with respect to any decisions, advice, conclusions or recommendations made or given as a result of the use of this Podcast.